Thursday, May 8, 2008

Going Steady, Still Steady Going

I have a new project go live at A Daily Inspiration. It's the image below. The cool thing about it is that it folds up flat. It's an origami type card and am totally pleased with the result. Thanks Joni for the tutorial!! Also, the great thing about this project is it uses photo mat stacks as the base! If you're like me, you have a TON. If you'd like the directions, please visit the Daily Inspiration blog.

Almost a week ago, a cyclone (or hurricane as it's known in the states) caused devistation in Myanmar. About 22,500 are dead and 41,000 are still missing. It is feared that over 100,000 may die from the consequenses of the storm.

How can you help?

There's a site, Network for Good which is the largest nonprofit charitable giving site. The latest blog entry lists LOTS of agencies in which you can make a donation. Every little bit helps. Just put yourself in their place...some of you have when Hurricane Katrina struck. Be aware of your planet.

Love Love Love

xoxo
Jess

PS- What did you fear the most about becoming an adult?

I think my biggest fear now is the world that my children are growing up in. Too many people are either oblivious to what's going on out there or they just don't give a damn. It's easier to turn a blind eye to the truth than reach down and try to make a difference, no matter how small it may be. The best way to predict the future is to invent it. Pay it forward. ;)

♥ ♥ ♥

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You inspire the heck out of me! Thanks for that pep talk. Beautiful creations!

Anonymous said...

I agree Jessica! How many people dont even 'invest' in their own children by raising them the right way. To love all people! To see the good in someone! To respect your elders!......................................................................................................................!!!

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

I totally agree with you Jessica. It amazes me beyond belief what I am seeing of our young people today. They show no respect, no common courtesy, nothing. They want nothing to do with thier community, everything is ME ME ME. Or they expect to get a material thing for giving up thier time. Then I meet some of the parents and I see where it is coming from and it makes me sad. It is a scary world our kids have to grow up in, but the best thing we can do is supply them with the necessary tools to make sure they are productive, kind, members of society.

ricanlaw said...

I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day Jessica.

elizabeth said...

awesome, awesome scrappage :)