Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Some Pretty Cool News!

As you know, I'm a part of a talented DT courtesy of ScrapBookMate in Europe. We have a blog, A Daily Inspiration, in which a layout/project is supposed to be uploaded everyday. Well, our last DT Coordinator had to step down a month or so ago due to her daughter's health issues. Since then, the blog wasn't kept up to speed and our DT had been feeling a bit lost. Ok, so what's the good news? The head honchos made me the new DT Coordinator! Woo Hoo! I'm in charge of the DT and have been working fervently to get things organized and the blog back to where it should be. So please stop by the blog and show some support. We have alot of talent on the team. I believe Luciana (Lucy) Folch will have a project up today!



I started a layout last night for the upcoming Scrapping the Music challenge and I REALLY like how it's coming out. I did the background for it...I'll just leave it at that for now since it's not done. The new challenge with the song that I picked will be up on Sunday evening!



Ready to be overloaded with pics? They haven't been edited. I'm having issues getting my photoshop transferred from my Laptop to this comp. I finally got the printer to work so I can resume scrapbooking! Yay! Here goes (the photos are in no particular order...I'm too lazy to get them in the organized by day):



The Residenz in Wuerzburg


The Church at the Residenz

The Gardens at the Residenz



Sebastian inside one of the halls in the Residenz where they had artwork on the wall.

Sebastian checking himself out in a pair of shades from H&M.

LOL. The kids on Easter with their big ol' baskets. We didn't do a real egghunt. I hid a few eggs around the house in obvious spots, but it was snowing outside. Too cold for my Texan blood.

This type of Easter decoration seems to be the norm here. This was taken at Rothenburg o.b. Tauber. Also, people decorated their trees with Easter eggs hanging from a string...kinda like Christmas! It's pretty cute.
Mmmmm. Guess what I discovered?! A gummi bear factory/outlet store!!! DROOOOOOOOOL. On top of having every gummy imagineable (either packaged or in bulk), I found some italian style cookies and cakes that I haven't had since I was little! I see another trip there in the near future.
My SIL helping Anberlin with some candy.
Snow. Snow sucks when you have to drive over 2 hours to get your husband. Actually, it was bad when we lef the house, b/c it was really early and the roads in the towns had just gotten a fresh layer of salt and weren't totally clear yet. But by the time we got on the Autobahn, it was cleared off completely and I didn't have to drive like a 90 year old grandmother.
I managed to get one photo of Josh and his sister together before she had to leave. We ate at a restaurant called "Sushi World" in a gorgeous town of Wiesbaden.
Hee hee. I love this picture. My two goofballs.

ok. That's it for now! I have lots of cool pics from our trip to the Frankfurt Zoo and the Volksfest in Nuremburg (a pretty big carnival). Hopefully I'll get those up soon.

xoxo
jess

9 comments:

Fauve Design said...

wow that's so cool,huge congrats!How fun to see that your boy has the same coat as mine!!

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

Congrats on your new coordinator duties! I know you will do a wonderful job. Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on becomming the head chica on your blog, I will def have to check that out! I am so in awe of all of the wonderful pics you posted! I like want to go there and see all of the beautiful architecture! Lucky you for getting to see such beautiful things! Your kidlets look cute, as always! Hope it stops snowing soon so you can enjoy the outdoors and drive without putputting along! hehe Amber

Michelle said...

Congrats on the dt coordinator title! I know you'll do a fantabulous job. Loved all the pictures. I travel through your eyes. The kids are getting so big!

Michelle Clement said...

Yay, Jess! =) Congrads on the awesome DT coordinator gig! =) Lovely pictures, too!! Just gorgeous! As for my wacom tablet - I do use one all the time instead of a mouse. It's great for painting in photoshop and drawing...=) Mine is about 8 x 6 (the drawing surface). The smaller ones are harder to work with, but they're still okay! =) I looove mine!

Keka said...

Great pics and congrats on being the DT coordinator!!

Kristi said...

Fun stuff chickie! Congrats on being DT coordinator, I'll totally check out the blog. :)

PS, your SIL is totally cute!

Veronica Milan said...

beautiful pictures!!

Micayla said...

HOOOOORAY to you girl, Miss blog Co-ord!!! How cool is that!
Thanks for the offer, at the moment people keep buying us stuff and I am having problems keeping track of what has been got and what I need. Once the nursery is sorted and I have unpacked the stuff I will give you a shout if i am sort of anything. I think you are super sweet to offer Jess, it made my day that there is still kindness in this world.
The photo's are fabby I love them, all. The sweetie ones are my fave, but Micayla's love sweeties!!!
Right I need to check this blog now!
xx