For those of you in Texas, you know the horrible rain that we've been getting. Well, wonderful to me b/c I love stormy days (but not nights). I had to figure out rainy day activities for the kiddos. Anberlin is easy....give her a pen/marker/crayon she's happy for quite awhile. After going through at least 20 sheets of paper, I decided to make a book displaying her little cute drawings from these rainy days. She likes to narrate things to, as she draws them. So if she said anything in particular, I was sure to add it on that page.
*sigh* Unfortunately, I'm not digging on this book. I've only completed what I'm showing you. I'm kinda at a standstill...scratching my head at it. I think it's because I made myself a little personal challenge out of it: Only use scraps from your "scrap" box. I'm just not feeling it. I like the cover though. A lot. lol. Maybe I just need to step away from it for awhile and work on the dozens of projects I have lined up.
If you have any ideas, I'd LOVE to hear them.
ok, well I'm not going to go into all the PP I used. Chances are it's been used on a layout that's been posted on this blog...and if it hasn't, then the layout is in queue to be uploaded.
The book itself is just a children's board book I picked up at the DollarTree (for a $1). I took a craft knife and took off the spine to allow room for the embellishments. This was my first time making one, so I already know what I would do differently. I was feeling lazy and didn't sand the book down first (so if you are going to make one, I suggest doing that first). I modge podged the paper down and laid a book down on top to ensure a flat finish.
To bind the book, I was really cheap. I rifled through my dad's work area in the garage and found some zip ties. I tied some ribbon scraps around it to hide the off white tint. Oh, and I didn't zip them all the way...only maybe a quarter of the way, that way I still have plenty of room to embellish and there's room for the book to open up completely.