Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Reason Why Martha is my Homegirl






I made this for a recipe card swap back in winter time...except I don't think the swap actually got swapped. :( I need to email the gal who sponsored it and see if she still has mine.

Anyways, I met my husband's family for the first time on Thanksgiving day back in 2001. I didn't want to rely solely on my charm and wit to win them over (HA!!), so I depended on my culinary skills and good ol' Martha. Teamed together, we create a team no one can resist. I baked these sunken chocolate cakes, which in reality, are a sort of chocolate souffle I suppose. When you pull them out of the oven, the middle of them sink, making a perfect little nesting spot for a scoop of your favorite ice cream (I prefer Ben and Jerry's "From Russia with Buzz" coffee ice cream).

These were a huge hit. :) Josh's Dad still talks about them. I gave my sister-in-law, Sarah, the recipe and she made them too. They're a little time consuming and TOTALLY fattening (the ingredients are chocolate, eggs, sugar, and butter), but HELLA good. MMMMMMMMMMMM.

I love you Martha.

xoxo

No comments: